Neokernel for Linux Description
The Neokernel is a lightweight and secure ASP.NET web application server. It can be embedded and distributed with other applications or used as a standalone web server.
The server supports web applications written with ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, WCF, ASP.NET Web Services, and the Neokernel API for writing C# and Visual Basic.NET server plug-ins.
The Neokernel Web Server is a fast, lightweight replacement for bundled servers like WebDev.WebServer.exe, PWS (Personal Web Server) or the Cassini sample webserver. The Neokernel Web Server supports features like SSL, http-auth, keep-alive, multithreading, web services, logging, XML based configuration, and more.
* Use Visual Basic or C# to serve dynamic web content.
* Supports pages written with ASP.NET.
* Small footprint (500 KB) implemented in 100% managed C# code.
* Built-in support for HTTPS (SSL) and user authentication.
* Built-in session management with support for client-side cookies.
* Industry standard HTTP logging using the NCSA-Extended log file format.
* Runs as a Service, Console, or embedded in other applications.
* Built-in distribution and http proxy services.
* Built-in lightweight XML parser.
* Built-in task scheduling.
* Includes security and cryptography libraries.
* Built-in state machine for managing object state.
* Built in object database with flat-file XML based storage.
* Built-in APIs for creating log entries in the Windows Event Log, log files, or command console.
* Administrators can specify each component that the server loads to enhance security and performance.
Neokernel for Linux Screenshots
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in Neokernel for Linux 2.1
Release notes are not available currently.
Neokernel for Linux Requirements
No additional system requirements.